Most parents have the natural desire to have every little thing their baby needs, and a stroller is sure on the top of the list. Having a stroller can be a great help in the sense that it makes it a lot easier to transport baby while you walk.
Among the available strollers, lightweight strollers are most desired because of its inherit easy-to-carry feature. Today, they have come a long way from the basic umbrella stroller. These lightweight strollers are sometimes called umbrella strollers because when they are folded up like an umbrella and Normally, this new generation weight up to 12 pounds with many features such as reclining seats, storage baskets, folding easily.
These strollers are great for any families because of its convenience during transportation or travel. This is the important guide that you compare and find out about the types of stroller available before making a decision which best umbrella stroller is suitable to purchase.
Kolcraft Cloud Plus lightweight stroller is ideal for travel which is very light in weight, straightforward to close and open, graceful to carry, easy to maneuver and doesn’t need somebody to hold when folded.
The Cloud Plus lightweight stroller has a broad sun visor for unmitigated UV protection. The multiple reclining positions make the product more favorite as there are not many lightweight strollers in the market with the same features in this price segment.
The Chicco Capri Lightweight stroller is made up of aluminium body and weighs only 11 pounds having an outstanding feature.
Five-point safety harness and dual reclining positions provide more safety and more comfort to the toddler in the stroller.
Carry bag and the strap provided is a great help for the adults pushing the strollers in both airports and subways. The stroller is ideal for travel purpose.
The Graco Breaze Click Connect Lightweight stroller is a fine combination of lightweight and comfort. The seat’s flat recline and executive padded seat gives a comfort ride even for a just born baby. The canopy is large and provides sufficient shade with sufficient protection from sunlight and light drizzle.
The Graco Breaze Click Connect Lightweight stroller can be folded easily in one hand without more hassle. This lightweight stroller also has a large storage basket, parent cup holder makes it an uncompromised, easy to push the luxurious stroller.
The Joovy Groove Ultra-lightweight Travel Umbrella stroller from Joovy strikes a good balance between sturdy and compact. The footrest has two positions to set to. Zippered pockets for keys, phone and a meshed beverage holder make travelling with the stroller more comfortable. The handle is comfortable to hold and push the lightweight stroller
Auto fold lock and side mounted carry strap make carrying the Joovy Groove Ultra-lightweight Travel Umbrella stroller easy. All the wheels have suspension making the stroller comfortable to push in all terrain. The handle height of 45-inch is a prime factor for the parents who are above average height. The storage basket below the seat is fairly large and can be used as grocery shopping bag too
The Mountain Buggy Nano lightweight Stroller is a truly lightweight stroller from Mountain Buggy with its admirable supportive features for travel. The lightweight stroller is extremely sturdy and compact.
Two step compact fold meets the airline regulation for carry on luggage making the travel more comfortable. The sun canopy is very generous and provides complete protection from the sun. The under seat basket can accommodate baby gears up to 11 lbs
The Mountain Buggy Nano lightweight Stroller can fit into any car seat adapters directly without a need to purchase extra adapters. The curb pop feature helps in popping the front wheels up for the curb hopping during the travels. Any infant car seat with the belt style adapters can accommodate Mountain Buggy Nano lightweight Stroller
The accessories provided with the lightweight stroller are well-thought ones. The satchel included fits the two folded lightweight stroller exposing only the handle which can be used to carry the stroller like a breeze
The UPPAbaby 2015 G-Luxe Lightweight Stroller has been yet another lightweight stroller weighing about 13.4 pounds. The footrest is adjustable while the seat can be reclined with one hand
The folded UPPAbaby G-Luxe lightweight stroller stands on its own and hence is great for storing away for some time. The carry strap included is convenient and allows for easy transport
The best part of UPPAbaby 2015 G-Luxe Lightweight Stroller is the adjustable canopy which helps the child to enjoy both vivid morning lights and stay away from UV rays from the sun too. The maintenance of the seat is easy as it is removable and also washable
The good thing is that the stroller can still be sued while the seat fabric is being washed gently by the washing machine. The reclining position is not so flat compared to other lightweight strollers in many other segments
Umbrella folding type lightweight stroller can be folded like an umbrella. The lightweight stroller folds itself up into a very small, compact package like an umbrella which can be easily carried by hand or under the car seat. The size and small package are the utmost priority for this subclass of lightweight strollers. The least favourite features in this type of stroller are that, other than the sun shade canopy and a small tote attached. This can be the best companion for trips of short duration. This class suits for parents looking for secondary strollers with size as the prime factor.
This type of lightweight stroller is fairly economical and folds densely. You can use it to move the baby from car to stroller without leaving the car seat. These strollers have only a frame and storage underneath. They are easily folded and very lightweight. Car Seat Frame Strollers are a good choice for babies wherein you can transfer them from car to stroller without disturbing their sleep. Here, babies stay safe and comfortable in a reclined position. And since the baby rides backwards, you can interact with him or her while on the go.
These are strollers having storage, a wide canopy, snack tray and a reclining seat but they are heavier and larger than umbrella strollers. Because they have smaller wheels they are ideal for travel and a long walk.
a. Single – For one baby or a toddler. Well suited for parents with only one child.
b. Double – For two babies or two toddlers. Well suited for parents with twins, two closely aged toddlers or parents with a single child expecting a baby shortly.
a. Single action brake and double action brake
b. Common switch for brake operation
c. Variable handle height and fixed height strollers
d. Number of wheels and maneuverability
Strollers are designed to make parents’ life more comfortable with babies and kids and hence strollers themselves shouldn’t become an extra burden. For instance, taking a walk in a park or a visit to a shopping mall or a grocery store need not call for specially designed strollers. But, when parents have to travel or do frequent excursions, the strollers become a major concern. Lightweight strollers have carved their own nice place in the strollers segment with superior options, making them the best partner in their travels. Following are the upfront benefits of using the best lightweight stroller:
1. Lightweight – A must feature because of which the lightweight strollers are considered in the first place for the travels by the parents, The lightweights make them easy to carry around by the parents.
2. Compact – Carrying the strollers is one important thing to consider when traveling. The portability option and the size taken by the stroller matters a lot during travels in subways, airplanes and also in congested places. The stroller needs to be carried by hand, in carry-on luggage on flights and in cars. Hence, compactness is the best friend of the parents. The umbrella type folding lightweight strollers stands out easily for parents who would like to carry the strollers always by hand, in a small carry bag or under the car seat. The umbrella type may not provide all the luxury of a full-fledged stroller, but if one is traveling and still need the comfort of moving freely with the baby, umbrella type lightweight strollers are the best match.
3. Agility – The lightweight strollers gives more agility and helps in moving the strollers easily in narrow streets and on roads where one has to simply move faster. Though not suited for difficult terrain, the lightweight strollers surely help out to move across the streets while shopping and in crowded places such as a zoo or Disney in summer.
4. Comfort – Both a child and a baby will be in comfort if the lightweight stroller takes care of the burden. Because of the light weight and the compact stroller becomes more closely with parents in their life and adds more value for the money invested. The lightweight strollers can be folded in one hand. It will be a great comfort to travel with the baby. Walking in the airport need not mean carrying the baby all the time.
5. Easy fit – The strollers because of their compactness when folded can be easily fitted in car trunks and also in the overhead flight compartments. Lightweight strollers are much easier to keep inside a car trunk and easy to take it out. This helps a lot for the elderly people who need not suffer because of the weight of a stroller.
6. Uncompromised Experience: Just because a baby stroller is light, there is no chance to miss some of the basic features. All lightweight strollers come with a canopy for sunlight protection and small parental baskets. Advanced version of lightweight strollers comes with the most delightful features such as ultra-luxury cushioning, cup holders, zippers, large under seat baskets, reflectors for safe manoeuvring in the dark, superior suspensions, baby gears, 5 point harness, full flat reclination, advanced breaking mechanism and height adjustable handles making them even better strollers especially during travel.
With about hundreds of products from dozens of brands, it may become a nightmare to choose one single stroller from the many available options. The way of choosing the everyday use stroller greatly differs from that of the lightweight/umbrella strollers. Umbrella strollers are generally chosen for a short trip, or for the frequent excursion. The weight and the size matters a lot and should be given prime importance. It is always essential to think about the purpose and a little ahead of time before investing on the umbrella stroller. The following section provides step by step guide to select the best umbrella stroller.
1. The number of children you have or you are planning to have should be the first criteria to start with. If you already have a small child and are expecting another, opt for a double seat stroller. If you have twins, double seat stroller is the best option.
2. List all the features you would need in a stroller:
3. Prioritize the features – you can give rank for all the features – rank 1 corresponds to the highest priority. If the number one priority is for the reclining options, then start the search with the strollers with good reclining options and especially near flat reclining option. On the same lines, if weight is the only criteria, then directly start with the least weight strollers. As an another example, if the travel involves flights, then the ability to fold and carry the lightweight stroller matters.
4. The first rank featured lightweight strollers should filter out many of the lightweight strollers from the list.
5. The next step is to simply repeat step 3 with the rank 1 feature removed from the list
6. The process can be repeated till there are a few lightweight strollers in the list
7. Price, warranty and short reviews of the products can be looked upon in detail for the remaining products.
8. An Example can be that, the lightweight strollers with adjustable heights may become the first and foremost criteria, leaving only a bunch of lightweight strollers in the list. Later, the features among them can be compared and the best stroller can be chosen based on the price and the user feedbacks.
9. Try out the stroller with the baby and other load (things in the lower basket). Baby should be comfortable in it. This activity will immediately bring noticeable differences than pushing the stroller with no weight. Also, walk around faster to see if there your feet hits the wheel.
10. Check if you can fold in easily, especially in one hand if required. Also, carry it on one hand to see how comfortable you are while you are carrying the stroller. The holding position, the bag, the folded shape and dimension, all can be inspected with these steps.
11. As a final step, ask your toddlers how they feel (If they can give you feedback) or observe whether the baby is comfortable (cushioning, sun visor etc.) with the reclining positions and is able to take a nap. Though the amount of time the baby stays in toddler is relatively less, the feature matters. Look how comfortable is the baby when sleeping in the stroller. The baby should be able to change its head position with ease and the support system for the baby head is crucial and should be looked upon with great importance. Choose a 5 point harness option for the safety of the toddler.
12. Choose the lightweight stroller which comes with 30 days return feature which can be utilized to see how the stroller fits the lifestyle and return if something important is felt missing.
Best umbrella stroller is meant for travels and expeditions while classic regular strollers for daily use. With proper care and attention, the life time of the lightweight stroller can be enhanced and can be used for multiple children. Also, it helps in avoiding potential consequences.
The lightweight stroller is meant to be used during travels where the breakdown of the stroller will have a serious impact on the travel and the family altogether. Hence, the above tips are indeed more important in order to avoid awful circumstances.
—> The best way is to find out from the official page of the products. Most of the lightweight stroller has accessories which are also called a travel companion kit. Examples of accessories are weather cover (rain cover), stroller bag (to carry the stroller in the bag, normally while checking-in), car seat adapters, etc.
—> The dimension of the lightweight weight stroller when folded is a very important feature for the lightweight stroller segment. The dimensions measured in inches (most of the time), when the lightweight stroller is folded to the maximum extent possible, without the extra accessories. This will give a hint of the amount of space occupied by the lightweight stroller when stored or carried
—> Lightweight stroller standing on its own wheels is an outstanding feature. Some of the strollers have this option but not many. It becomes very easy to carry the lightweight stroller if the stroller is able to stand by itself when the parents are waiting for something. It has the clear advantage of free hands.
—> Depending on the age of the baby, the type of stroller should support the baby when the baby has to sit comfortable upright. The best way to find out is to adjust the reclining option to minimum so as to see how comfortable the baby is sitting position. A child can sit-up straight comfortable for longer duration if the back and the neck of the baby is well supported by the cushion and the fabric of the lightweight stroller.
—> The issue of abnormal walking posture rises because of the height mismatch of the stroller and the parents’ height. When trying out, rather than just concentrating on the wheels and the suspension, careful observation on the walking and standing posture the stroller demands should be made. If the stroller will be pushed by persons of different height, it is better to go with a lightweight stroller with height adjustable handles.
—> Yes, with some of the strollers. Check the dimension of the stroller before buying a separate rain cover.
—> Trying out the stroller on the neat and clean floor will be easier, but may not give real time experience. If you get a chance, try maneuvering the lightweight stroller in loose gravel and snow. The wider strollers with good friction on the tires, avoid skidding of the stroller on nice surfaces. The bigger wheels with suspensions bring down the vibrations seen by the baby when maneuvering on rough terrain.
The article presented various aspects of lightweight strollers starting from the short reviews of the latest lightweight strollers. The best way of choosing the best lightweight/umbrella stroller was seen followed by the tips in order to have a more pleasant experience with the stroller for a long time. The lightweight strollers are a delight to have during travel and a best lightweight travel will definitely add more astonishing memories of the trip. Nevertheless, if handled gently, the lightweight strollers can also serve you years with no complaints. Having a child is a magnificent moment and let the lightweight stroller, add more beauty to those moments.
My blog has also the information about highlight products such as a lightweight double stroller or a lightweight umbrella stroller or a lightweight travel stroller. In addition, a lightweight jogging stroller and lightweight strollers for toddlers are your best choice. You can find them more details below.